The EA816 is a stationary telephone hybrid for the GSM network. It is an industrial quality quad band GSM module with G.722.2 AMR-WB codec and the facilities for use as a broadcast hybrid.
- For use in areas without cabled telephone connections.
- To make use of the new HD-voice (Advanced Multirate - Wideband) facilities more and more mobile telephone companies are offering. The audio bandwidth is extended from 50 Hz to up to 7 kHz for a crystal clear sound, ideal for the radio reporter in combination with the S25 Reportophone.
- Depending on your network provider and system used it can be a huge money saver. In a lot of countries a call from mobile to mobile is much cheaper than from mobile to fixed or visa versa. In some situations these calls can even be free of charge.
- Facilities for broadcast applications include remote controls on GPIO. For special applications the unit has an auto answer and auto disconnect mode as well as a switch that can be operated from the dial pad of a remote telephone. You can dial the first telephone number stored with a simple switch on the remote connector.
- Adjustable echo cancelling for use without a N-1 system in a mixing desk or in applications with open microphones and speakers like conference systems.
HD Voice based on G.722.2 AMR-WB (Adaptive Multi Rate) Wideband technology provides enhanced audio quality to 7 kHz bandwidth on mobile networks. This system is being rapidly implemented by various telecom providers. A large number of phones including Nokia, Samsung, HTC and LG have the codec installed. Also our S25 Reportophone will do fine. With improved sound quality (and low cost) within a reliable network, this system is ideal for reporting purposes. More information about availability in your country can be found on the website of the Global mobile Suppliers Association (GSA) www.gsacom.com.
The system is automatically activated when both devices are equipped with such a codec. The EA816 offers the solution on the studio side: An industrial quality GSM module in a half 19 "housing for fixed installation. The EA816 will interface to the studio mixing desk as a regular hybrid including balanced audio input and output and opto isolated GPIO for control.
Besides the improved audio quality of your call, this system can offer financial advantage too. In many cases, the calls in between mobile phones are simply cheaper than mobile to fixed or vice versa. Some telecom providers offer free calls within the same contract. Depending on your situation and the policy of the telecom providers in your country the investment in such a hybrid is then returned in a short time.
EELA EA816 GSM TELEPHONE HYBRID:
In P.A. systems the unit can be used in auto answer mode to allow a announcement made with a mobile phone. Simply dial the number, the unit will auto answer. With the keypad of the mobile phone switch on the PA system or mute the background music and make your anouncement. The unit will revert to stand-by as soon as the call is disconnected.
EA816 TECHNICAL DETAILS:
- Half 19" housing, 2 units can be mounted together, single and dual rackmount kits are available,
- Display and control switches on the front panel,
- External antenne, wired antenna with SMA connector for mounting outside 19" cabinet possible,
- Sim card slot, directly accessible from the rear,
- Auto answer mode,
- Adjustable echo cancelling,
- Balancerd audio input and output on XLR-type connectors,
- Standard telephone handset jack,
- GPIO connector for interfacing with broadcast mixing desks using opto isolated contacts,
- Extra remote operated contact,
- Simple memory for up to 10 telephone numbers, redial,
- Dual-Band UMTS/HSDPA 900/2100MHz
- Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Output power: UMTS 850/1900: 0.25W; UMTS 900/2100: 0.25W; GSM850/GSM900: 2W; DCS1800/PCS1900: 1W
- Power supply adapter 12 Volt DC, 1 A max. included.
For more information and availabilty contact eela audio
You can download the manual here.
The Version 2 manual download.